Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Week 2 EOC: Sacrifices I'm Willing to Make

I have never really thought about this before, but I have been given this thought to write about. Being a photographer you have to be willing to make a lot of sacrifices. What that sacrifice is you may never be prepared for, but sometimes in order to make a living you need to be willing to make it no matter what industry you are in.

In Alfred Hitchcock’s movie “Rear Window”, the photographer chose his career over the love of a beautiful and wealthy woman. Seeing the relationship they had, this seemed like he made the right decision. For me, I believe family should come first. I am thankful though that I am a married woman to someone who wants to help me evolve my photography. There comes a point to where you have to make sure you put family first. These are the people who lift you up and make you who you are. 

Ultimately, though I need to make sure I am able to provide for my family. If it comes down to sacrificing my time with family, I am determined to do it wisely. The only way I will ever be able to evolve as a photographer is if I put myself out there and take whatever photography job I can get, and this often means many hours of work. This is where time management comes into play. 

I am willing to sacrifice my time in order to get to where I want to be as a photographer, but along the way I will remember who got me there. I believe as a human being working and with other human beings, that this will earn me respect. Everyone knows you need to have balance in your life, but even sometimes you have to make sacrifices to have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment