Monday, September 5, 2011

Week 8 Photo Challenge: News Worthy

 "MAD SHOE SALE"


This week’s photo challenge was to capture a photo that is news worthy. There are many things in Las Vegas that I knew would be news worthy, but I did not know what would happen for me to catch. I was waiting to see if anything at all would happen and I was lucky that something did. It was Labor Day weekend and my husband and I decided to go shopping at the mall on a Saturday evening. I was not carrying a camera in the mall because stores do not allow photos to be taken because of merchandise that is sold in each one. It is the last place that I would think of bringing a camera for these reasons. I knew that there would be sales going on in most of the stores, but I did not know what kind of sales each store would be having. Little did I know that I would walk into JC Penney’s and discover my news worthy photo. Out of all the stores I walked in this one shocked me the most. It was great to see all the wonderful sales, but the unimaginable clutter of everything made me disgusted. As I was walking around I ran into a pile of shoes and shoe boxes scattered on the floor as if animals had torn through them and left them there to die. I immediately pulled out my phone which has a decent camera on it and got this photo. This goes to show you don’t always need a “fancy” camera to capture a great photo. Many photojournalists today make sure that they have a phone with a camera ready on it. The quality of the camera phone is getting higher and higher every day. Soon I believe point and shoot cameras for this reason will be obsolete.

No comments:

Post a Comment