Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Week 6 Photo Challenge: Paparazzi

This week’s photo challenge was to be paparazzi. I was not too sure about doing this because I hate everything that paparazzo’s are about. I feel that they are stalkers and never have that great quality photo that a professional photographer strives for. However they are making more money than I am, so I guess they are doing something right. 

I wanted to do my photograph in a way that made Ron Galella famous. He photographs with a black and white style that makes all of his photos seem like they were not taken by a paparazzi. They have a sense of feeling that makes it seem like the celebrity allowed him to take their photo. 

I was not sure what type of photo I was going to do. I knew that it would depend on who was going to model for me. I asked around and had a good friend and fellow photographer, Rachel Smith, agree to model for me. I happened to know that she has a little dog and I thought right away about the celebrities who walk and carry their dogs around. They usually go out very casually and are “themselves”. With this in mind I had Rachel in no make-up and dressed her in a pair of white shorts and a casual shirt. I also had her wear sunglasses as it was really sunny out. 

We went out at about 2:30 in the afternoon around her neighborhood and I did some shots with my 18-55 lens with her walking and carrying the dog. I got a few good shots from it, but the shot I chose was one that I did with the 70-300 lens.  I wanted to capture realness with the background, but also wanted it to be completed blurred out but still letting you know that it is a street. This shot has her holding her hand up as if she is saying “no pictures”. I think her tattoo adds a bit to the photo and while her head is turned away you get the sense that she is refusing to have her photo taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment